The proposed Island development is envisioned as the model for future development in Cairo. The master plan to embrace the spectacular site, set on the iconic Nile River, and integrates the design of this new city with the existing Historic city of Cairo. The master plan’s creation has been generated by the desire to realize a beautiful city where dreams could be fulfilled, in a quintessential urban environment. A city that fundamentally, will make it residents ‘smile’ every day!
The structure of the Al-Warraq Island’s master plan would allow for the following key components to be integrated into the City’s urban fabric:
- Public Parks and Community Squares;
- Boulevards that “flow” through residential communities;
- ‘Waterfront Promenades’ that provide residents, easy access to the River Nile;
- ‘Cultural Quarters’ to embrace the country’s rich cache of arts, heritage, history and culture, and provide optimal avenues for desired entertainment;
- A ‘University Quarter’ which will integrate academia and provide for vital educational requirements;
- Integrated Public Transport;
- Leisure Facilities;
- Pedestrian & Cyclist Accessibility
- Sustainability & Environmentally-Friendly Urban Development.
The project’s vision is to develop into a world class development with the perfect ‘Spirit & Soul’.