The main duties of the Deputy Project Director include, but are not limited to the following:
• Planning directing and responsible for managerial supervision of the project construction in all areas.
• Responsible in coordinating and managing people, materials and equipment, schedules and contracts.
• Coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities of construction.
• Direct, coordinate and review the work plan for construction; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
• Work closely with Engineer and sub-contractors representatives.
• Determine construction means and methods and the most cost-effective plans and schedules.
• Supervise sub-contractors and monitor them contractually, progress and quality.
• Assume any other responsibility delegated by the Project Director.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
• Has delivered at least one to two 5-star hospitality projects in Dubai.
• Minimum of 15-20 years of relevant industry experience, including site supervision experience in administering and delivering large-scaled projects, in the Middle-East (preferably the UAE).
• Good academic credentials with minimum of a degree in Architecture/Civil Engineering
• Astute and level-headed professional with exemplary leadership qualities; good interpersonal skills; ability to handle extreme work pressure; and track-record of heading multi-disciplinary consultant teams.
• Membership in appropriate professional institution(s) would be an added advantage.